Sunday, December 24, 2006

No Snow for Christmas!

Well guess Hayden gets to experience his first Christmas without snow. I can't believe we don't have any snow on the ground. We did talk to some of our friends in Colorado and they have plenty! No work for a few days and chains required through town on the interstate. We miss that big snow there. I am sure it will be melted in a week or so anyway.

I had the flu on Wednesday. Went to mom's because we had to get some plumbing work done and they had to shut off the water. Made it up there ok but as soon as I pulled in the driveway I got SICK!!!!! Could barely carry Hayden in the house. Laid on their couch all day while Mom and Raleigh watched Hayden. Luckily Hayden was a great boy and didn't give them too much trouble. Joey had to come and pick us up after work and take us back to CR. Nasty. Am feeling a lot better now. Joey stayed home for a few hours Thursday morning so I could get some rest.

Joey and a couple other guys he works with took the gifts over to the family that we adopted. Then he came home and is off now until the 3rd. I am excited about that.

We went to see Santa yesterday. Hayden was all smiles in the line but was pretty somber on Santa's lap. There was plenty to look at. I don't think he even knew who was holding him. Santa gave him a snowman book and dad liked the experience so much he purchased a picture.

Last night we went to my Aunt and Uncles in Anamosa for dinner and drinks. All of my cousins were there and it was great to see everyone. Maggies parents and the Warners were there as well and it was great to chat with people we haven't seen for a long time. Hayden was sure on his best behavior. Everyone held him for the entire evening. He sure knows how to entertain a crowd. As we were getting ready to leave even with 25 plus adults staring at him in his car seat he managed to talk to everyone and laugh and laugh. And if anyone looked away he was quick to yell at them and demand all attention!

Off to Cedar Falls for lunch and church with Mom and R, and then off to the Paricka's for turkey dinner/appetizers!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

No comments: