Hayden went on his first official fishing expedition with Joey last night. They had great success and caught a lot of fish. Joey said that Hayden LOVED to touch the fish on the tail and head. It took him a while to get used to the first fish but Joey said every time he caught one after that Hayden immediately would stretch his arms up to reach the fish and get all excited!
Hayden and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather. We have been eating lunch all week on our back porch. Monday we met some friends at Cherry Hill Park. We had a huge blanket under a tree in the shade. Hayden and Will had a great time playing together on the blanket. We put the boys in the infant swings and they loved it. Will even took a little snooze. We even ran into our neighbor kids there so Hayden we very happy to see them. They provide Hayden with entertainment daily at home. He LOVES it when they are around. Hmmm maybe Hayden needs some more company here. Well good thing Aunt Ingrid is coming this summer.
Ingrid bought her ticket yesterday. We are going to enjoy her company from June 22-Aug 15. Yippee! We have been planing things to do all summer. Which include visits to the pool. Yes you heard me right! I am going to hop into a bathing suit this summer and go with Ingrid and Hayden to the pool. I figured I shouldn't deprive Hayden of fun things just because of my insecurities. I have had this talk a lot this week with may people that feel the same way so we are all going to gang up and frequent the pool this summer!
More travel news. We are going to Germany to visit Andrew and Ingrid over Christmas. We are so excited. We have been busy planing things to do while we are there. Ingrid and Andrew have been nice enough to offer to watch Hayden if we don't want to drag him around Europe. We all (including Hayden) are hoping to take a trip to London and Paris over New Years.
Hayden is almost crawling. He gets onto his knees from a sitting position but doesn't quite know what to do from there. Last week he crawled a little but quickly dropped onto his belly and rolled to where he needed to be. He is getting more interested in trying to pull himself up. We don't have a lot of things for him to practice on so we are trying to figure out things to put in the living room to assist him. If I am sitting on the floor with the laptop we is over by me in a flash and pulls himself up very quickly to see what I am doing. The only other option is the exersaucer but that is so unstable that when he gets up he quickly falls and clunks his head.
We have also been working more on table food. He is now eating the puffs better. Yesterday we worked on shredded cheese and apples. He still makes the funniest face when he gets something in his mouth but is getting better at chewing. Unless it is a mouthful of paper. He can handle that for some reason but a teeny tiny piece of food throws him off. I am going to start feeding him solids at lunch now because he is barely interested in his bottle at all. He also finally figured out his sippy cup. I put water in it and he is not that enthused. I think he is still getting a hang of it. He does however enjoy drinking water out of my glass.
My friend Sara and I are headed to Waukee Friday and Saturday for a girls weekend. We are visiting my friend Beth and hanging out on Friday and Beth is having a purse party on Saturday. Then Saturday afternoon Sara is dropping me off in Ames. Joey and Hayden are headed to Ames Friday to help Johnny finish packing (much to Joey's dismay) and getting ready for the big move to the new condo on Saturday.
I am also including a picture of Hayden's new sleeping position. He now likes to sleep on his knees with his toosh in the air. Too cute!
1 comment:
Hi Gretchen, Joey & Hayden,
What nice pictures of Hayden & Dads outing. I am surprised to see Hayden touching the fish but not nearly as surprised as seeing Joey. I'm guessing there was a bottle of disinfectant near :) Hope to see you all soon, have a great time this weekend. GMP
(my first comment didn't post)
Post a Comment