Hayden had a wonderful 1st birthday party. We had a lot of friends and family there. It was nice to have everyone help celebrate his birthday who are important to us and Hayden. He is such a lucky little guy!
We had fun despite the weather! Luckily we rented a shelter. Hayden had a John Deere/farm themed party. I had so much fun putting it all together! We had Maid-Rites, pasta salad, fruit, veggies, chips. For dessert we had a John Deere cake, cupcakes, and scotcharoos!
Even though it rained the kids still took advantage of the splashpad. Between the rain and the splashpad they were soaked! They had a great time.
As alway, I wished we had more time to hang out with everyone. I was running around like crazy so I didn't get to chat with everyone I would of liked to.
Hayden enjoyed his cake. He didn't make to much of a mess. I am grateful he kept it out of his hair (against aunt Becky's wishes). He did however get a little teary eyed when everyone was singing happy birthday to him. It must be because he sees me getting weepy every time I have to tell someone he is one now! Maybe I am giving him a complex.
Hayden crashed for about an hour when we got home and I had a lot of picking up and organizing to do. Joey had a lot of homework. I can not wait until he is done with school! The poor guy has been working on homework every waking minute he is home. Hayden and I miss him!
After Hayden woke up Ingrid, Joey, and Hayden went to Coldstone for some birthday ice cream. I stayed home because I was pooped and didn't want any more sugar!
All in all we had a great time and we are so blessed to have such great friends and family! We could truly fell the love and support over the past year and yesterday! It was just one of those happy days!
Tonight Ingrid watched Hayden. Joey and I went to see Transformers and out for dinner. It was nice to do something alone.
2 comments:
Wish we could've been there. Looks like you had quite a crowd! I see he got a Noah's Ark! Its really a great toy. My girls loved it (Livy still uses the animals a lot)!
I love the pics of him with his cake! Doesn't Joey ever let him have sugar?? Poor boy wanted it so badly he skipped the spoon and ate right from the cake itself:)) he he he!
Talk to you soon!
sara
I love all of the pictures! I love his "1" shirt he wore on his birthday too! Tate has that same shirt with a "8" on it! I think that Tate and Hayden have very similar wardrobes! :)
Post a Comment