Where has the time gone? It seems like we have been running around for the last 2 months. I thought that I would get a lot accomplished with my sister here. I did get quite a lot done but not as much as I thought. These past 2 months flew by!
Saturday night we went to a housewarming party at my cousin's house. It was a great time. They have such a cute place. Before we headed home we stopped by Lisbon Sauerkraut days because Joey had to try out their brats and sauerkraut.
Sunday we went up Joey's parents house to hang out and visit our new niece. She is such a doll. I forgot how tiny they are when they are new! It is amazing, seeing her puts in perspective how much a baby grows in one year. Hayden did well with Joey and I holding the baby. No jealousy. We didn't think he would have a problem, but you never know. We were treated to a gourmet breakfast by Joey's brother. French toast, bacon, eggs. Mmmmmm. It was yummy!
Then it was in to the pool for everyone except me. I wanted to get some more time holding Sara. Joey mowed the lawn and we hung out for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Grandma and aunt Darliene even taught Hayden to do "SO BIG".
Then we headed home to pick Ingrid up from the airport. She got in at 9:00 pm.
Monday we ran some last minute errands to get Ingrid set for her trip back home. Mom and Raleigh came down and took us out for dinner. We went to the Brown Bottle in North Liberty. It was yummy. Not quite as yummy as the one in CF but good nonetheless.
When we got back from dinner Joey began the demolition for our new dishwasher. He had to knock the cabinets out next to the sink. He got everything knocked out and prepped for the instillation. He did a great job. Hmmmm now that I know he can do this stuff now I need to add more to his list. New kitchen floor, countertops, paint.
Tuesday Ingrid got up with Hayden and they played while I got some stuff done. She even gave him a bath. We dropped Ingrid off at the airport and said our goodbyes outside. It is sad to see her go! It was great having her here and I know Hayden is going to miss her a lot.
Tuesday night Joey picked up our dishwasher and got it installed. I am soooo proud of him. He was running the inaugural load by 9:30. I was amazed at how he got it in in so little time. Considering when we moved into this house we had minimal tools and never owned a home. He has learned a lot about plumbing and electrical in 2 years. I guess that is the benefit of owning a old house!
So needless to say we are both excited to have a dishwasher! I have been rearranging our kitchen because I lost 4 drawers due to the dishwasher.
Yesterday we had Kindermusik. Hayden is really enjoying his time there. I am as well.
Today we met some friends at the park. I have bunko tonight. As always I am looking forward to an evening out with the girls!
This weekend we are going to stick close to home. We have a birthday party Saturday night. Hayden's friend will is turning one.
Looking forward to the cooler weather forecasted for this weekend. I am ready to turn off the air and get this house aired out!
2 comments:
Good one Joey! I didn't know you were so handy! Your lives will be forever changed! Now maybe you won't go through so much dishsoap...JOEY!:)
sara
Oh my gosh that was soooo funny! I remember Joey being mortified that you only put a few squirts of dishsoap in the water when he was going to wash the bottles!
Post a Comment