Tonight Hayden informed me that he couldn't sleep in his room because it was scary. He was insisting that he sleeps in Mommy's bed. I asked him why it was scary and he said that the lobsters come out and punch. Not pinch, punch.
Hmmmm...... Ok
So I told him it was ok and that we could leave the light on and the door open and it wouldn't be scary. He said ok and laid down.
I wonder if he is dreaming about lobsters?
Speaking of sleeping issues, I should document what has been happening around here at bedtime. I realized that I need to post more about the logistics of our day, because as my sister has been asking me questions and I am not remembering what Hayden was doing at a certain age.
So.... Hayden was sleeping with us for about month. In between traveling for the holidays etc. he seemed to end up in our bed more than his own. While we all love sharing a bed, we realized a month straight is too long and Hayden is getting to big. Age wise and size wise. (Plus it will give our pediatrician one less thing to tease Joey about. Since Joey is the softie , our pediatrician tells us that he usually has to have the talks he does with Joey with moms, not too many dads).
Hayden used to sleep in his room with a night light, his sound machine, and his door closed.
The first night we put him back in he wanted his lamp on and the door open. I was convinced he would run out, but gave him a chance. He didn't run out. He got up and read some books in bed (which he always does) and then fell asleep. Since then he has only been out of his room at bedtime once and seemed to understand my warning that the door would be closed if he came out again.
We also did some rearranging. We moved his train table up to his room. He has done great during naps and night time. Sometimes I can hear him playing with it for a little bit, but he has always ended up back in his bed and sound asleep.
Every night he does says he wants to sleep in mommy's bed and climbs in, but doesn't protest too much when we take him into his room.
5 comments:
Stay strong! We had similar issues with Ben, but learned our lesson and didn't allow with the other 2. Claire will come in in the morning to snuggle, but that's it. It is tough sometimes, but in the end you all sleep better in your own beds! Love the lobster story! Rachel
Dont make the mommy and daddy's bed mistake! I did it with Delaney and it was horrible to try and "fix". My girls love music at bedtime. It helps. Livy has a glowing Care Bear too (I'm not sure if that is too girly though...) that she likes when she is scared.
I just looked at the "crafty crow" website. I have a lot of those books listed on the left! Its a great website lots of good ideas for my kids and my special needs kids at school:)
Just think of all of the books you could display on your own kids crafts blog if you started on like I suggested. HINT HINT HINT HINT!!!
Finally getting caught on up blogs tonight....wow, you've been busy!
Hayden's doing so well with the bedtime routine - keep up the good work! Decided to change my name -ok?
Post a Comment